PROJECT SUMMARYName of Project
Guam Housing Operations and Maintenance Services
Naval Facilities Engineering Command, Joint Region Marianas
Description of Work
Chugach manages, operates, and maintains:
- 879 Family Housing units on Naval Base Guam
- 574 Family Housing units on Andersen Air Force Base
- 25 Unaccompanied Personnel Housing facilities on Naval Base Guam
- 5 Unaccompanied Personnel Housing facilities on Andersen Air Force Base
- 7 Gateway Inns & Suites facilities on Andersen Air Force Base
Maintenance personnel travel between the two military bases, which are 30 miles apart. On some days, personnel support both bases in the same day. Logistical resupply of remote military installations accessed only by sea or air is compounded by how the marine environment and extreme weather corrode government and company owned equipment.
Chugach established a main warehousing facility near the center of the west coast of the island to reduce travel time to the bases and allow for the stocking of the most commonly used maintenance materials. Chugach subcontracted to local vendors for more technical systems work, such as fire control systems, chillers and boiler operations. Chugach relies on their expertise and have developed numerous procurement agreements with local vendors to provide stock materials. This greatly reduces the need to stock all required materials.